YOGA & RELAXATION WEEKLY CLASSES
Nundah, North Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Practice Level: Beginners to intermediate
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sunshine Yoga blends body, mind, emotions and soul with postures (asanas), yoga routines (vinyasa), breathing techniques (pranayama), movement (qi gong), release work (psoas muscle in particular), relaxation and meditation. We incorporate many styles and principles giving you a varied session of gentle, slow, flowing yoga. Don’t be fooled, it is a powerful and strengthening system of yoga. Lyn’s motto, “experience the power of gentleness”.
- 1.5 hour yoga session
- Meditation, a variety of yoga postures and movement, a little qi gong and always a 15 minute guided relaxation
- Slow, focused and flowing yoga where postures are held whilst focusing on breath, allowing deep release.
- In the gentleness there is incredible power.
- In the holding of postures and including conscious breathing, there is strength
- Always there is breath awareness and breathing exercises plus incorporating focussed breathing with postures and meditation.
- Psoas muscle routines, especially for lower back pain; works on releasing tension, tightness and pain from the body.
- You are encouraged to work at your own pace, learning to ‘feel’ yoga in the body to bring ‘balance’ to the mind.
- Beginners and practiced yogi’s fit beautifully into these classes which offer continual learning, growing and expansion—on all levels. Contrast is growth.
- Always variety – each week you will receive something new and different.
- A wonderful atmosphere of care with an energy of calm and quiet.
- Two venues – Sunshine Yoga Sanctuary and Nundah Activity Centre—both provide comfort and good energy for you to absorb into your practice.
- You are in good hands!